Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 23rd

This week I did the usual weeding, fertilizing and spraying pesticides. I also made trellises for my tomato plants. I will probably have to do it for my peas next week, but we'll see. I was surprised that I really didn't have too many weeds since I missed last week. When I got out to the garden this week I was a little disappointed at first because my plants looked super small compared to everyone else's. However, I had a bunch of beans, cute little cucumbers, a decent sized green bell pepper and a bunch of little green tomatoes. It was sad having to compost all of it because of the pesticides. I also thought a weed was a sunflower and accidently fertilized it, so we'll see how big it is next week haha. 

As for the lecture, I actually learned a lot. I didn't realize that there's a difference between vegetables. Like, some are flowers, fruits, buds etc. 

My carrots and radishes are roots.
My tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplants, peppers and okra (or so it says online) are fruits.
My peas, beans and sunflower are seeds.
My cilantro and basil are leafs. 
My squash and cauliflower are flowers. 

My plot

Zinnia-hope it blooms soon

cilantro yay! 

lonely basil

beans 

carrots

cauliflower

eggplant

zucchini

squash

okra

peas

giant fertilized weed 

cucumber

baby cucumber :)

little bell pepper

new trellises

little green tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment